Instructors in Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sail rock is somewhere between samui and Tao with 40 meters depth and perfect for multi-level diving, and i can rate it higher or as high as Racha-Yai phuket for species and colorfulness, it's two hours by dive boat from samui. I know some dive companies do trips to angthong national marine park also, visibilty not as good as Sail Rock but very good for snorkling and skin diving with depth ranging 4 meters to 16 meters spreaded over very waste area of small islands

There are several other dive sites within 1.5 hours distance like koh ma, koh wao Yai, koh Yipon..Never tried there

OnTheSpot:
bubblemonkey - when did you dive with Planet Scuba? Seems that JR Strele enjoyed diving with them recently. .

maybe he wanted less from his dive experiance, I didnt like the way the whole thing was set up from the shop to the boats, I didnt like the way you were herded onto the boats given poorly maintained gear etc etc.

Like I said find a smaller operator that will listen to waht you want out of your dive trip, not one of the larger money orientated dive schools.

JR_Strele:
Planet Scuba contact name is Toby (manager-kohtao@planet-scuba.net). they have a pretty good package going, very friendly team. the whole program goes for BHT 9,700 (USD250). they also have rooms within a 2mins walk from downtown. We had both aircon and fan rooms bungalows. Go for the fan rooms at BHT 300 (USD8) per night. Say hi from JR

Was 9,700 Bhat included padi OW manual & RDP? Because i paid 13,100 Bhat for OW course with Planet scuba in samui, no accomodation :huh:

Considering Koh-Tao being cheaper for proximity to dive sites, How much more should cost you per day trip going from Samui to sail Rock (not koh Tao)?

The same company will have a different price in Samui and Koh Tao - just catering to the different market.

bubblemonkey - WHEN did you dive with Planet Scuba?

If you would like any info regarding Planet Scuba Koh Tao Please let me know.Although I do not teach many OW's these days I know some great Instructors who do.We limit the size of our classes but often do not need to.3/5 is the average group size during high season.

Sorry to hear that bubblemonkey did not have a good time at Planet.I would be very intertested to chat more about this,if you want to IM me please feel free to do so.

I have been on Koh Tao only since Dec of last year however I must admit it makes me smile when you say don't go to a cattle market like Planet when I see delivery trucks full of people,everyday from Koh Tao's more illustrious DC's pass our DC,classes of 19 being talked about etc etc.In fact we do very well with people,who wanted a smaller more personal approach and started with the bigger schools but left to find an experience more suited to their needs.They came to Planet Scuba for that experience

Remember what On The Spot said that turnover can be high as people move on keeping a good team together can be difficult.I make it my buisness to look into any negative comments made about our staff and take a proactive approach to solving these issues.It seems that bubblemonkey's opinion is overwhelmingly in the minority however it will be taken seriously and looked into immediately.Come and see for yourself.

I must also stress that Planet Scuba Koh Tao and SIDS in Samui,though owned by the same people are diffrent entities entirely.

I hope you find what you are looking for.Let me know if I can clarify anything else for you.

Have a great day

Jim Hutchinson
Training and Education Manager
Planet Scuba Koh Tao
Padi Course Director

Planet Jim:
I must also stress that Planet Scuba Koh Tao and SIDS in Samui,though owned by the same people are diffrent entities entirely.

I hope you find what you are looking for.Let me know if I can clarify anything else for you.

Have a great day

Jim Hutchinson
Training and Education Manager
Planet Scuba Koh Tao
Padi Course Director

Which is the parent company, SIDS or PS? I want to do few day-Trips then my AOW in Koh Tao in sept. I'm bit confused now, in order to get better rates and service, should i go with SIDS or planet scuba in Tao?

And do you have any direct operation running in Pattaya beside your Sukhumvit Soi 24 BTS office in bangkok, i was thinking of doing my dive master in pattaya?

I will look into it Diver City Boys.SIDS is the parent company.If you want to dive Koh Tao then come see us @ Planet Scuba Koh Tao_Otherwiswe I can put you in touch with SIDS.Let me know.Have a good one.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom