Instructor recommendation Jackson Blue area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't argue with all the recommendations above, Robs great and Kenny P will do you right with a cavern class too.

Caverns State Park is located in Marianna and offers camping with showers. There are a few other campgrounds in the area, but I haven't seen them.

There are hotel/motels to fit any budget from $40 a night to $100+.

Edd rents a trailer near his shop.

Then of course, Hole in the Wall House - Home Page if you want to do it up in style.

I really appreciate all the links and recommendations from everyone. It blows my mind what one can accomplish in 3 hours on line. Between Scuba Board and the internet research is a blast. Again I really want to thank all of you for your help.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!:)

Cam, when are you planning on taking the courses?

Cam, you may want to reconsider the camping option. Cavern and Intro are very energy draining courses. After spending 8-10 hours doing land drills, discussions, and diving, nothing feels better than a solid roof over your head and a mattress under your body. Camping will only add to the physical stress on you. Check out the Hotels in Marianna link on my site and call Cave Adventurers at 850-482-6016 for information on rental houses/trailers in the area. I've already responded to your e-mail, but let me know if you have any other questions.

We also thought about camping next week at Ginnie, but changed our minds. My buddy and I are going to share a room at the High Springs Country Inn. It's $57 a night for a room with 2 double beds, so that makes it pretty economical. I figure we won't be there but to sleep anyway.

I second the recommendation of not camping. I took my Cavern with Nick and he kept us in the water for 7 hours the first day. This was after land drills and book work. I'd recommend him and Ken P. as well. Never taken a class from Ken but I was at JB while he taught and his class is a good one. I had the opportunity to speak with him and he's a great person.

Cave adventurers has an agreement with a local Hotel so stop by there first and get the rate, it's like 30 bucks a night at a flop house. It's cheap and the beds are comfy. Good luck!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom