Instructions for a Scubapro DC-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradshsi

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently "gained" a Scubapro DC-11 dive computer free with some other scuba items I was buying. The computer seems to work perfectly, but I am reluctant to use it without an instruction manual.

Unfortuantely Scubapro seem to unable to support this computer and my requests to them for a manual have been ignored (even though I offered to pay).

I am looking for anyone who has the instructions for this computer and would be willing to scan them for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the DC-11 manual, but it's not with me now--it's at my permanent home in CO, where I will not be until the holidays. If you haven't tracked down a manual by then, perhaps PM in December and remind me. I have a DC-11 that's brand new, but I too have been reluctant to dive it, but not for lack of manual. It appears to be functioning fine--based on its scrolling--but I do notice that the phosphorescent backlighting is dead (this is not battery powered--it is supposed to absorb ambient light and radiate it in the dark) and the surface temperature reading does not appear to be accurate. Does yours illuminate in the dark? How about the surface temperature reading? The other reason I haven't dove it is because I have several computers--EDI, TRAC, DC-12, Aladin Sport--but I do plan to get to diving the DC-11 at some point soon. Thanks, Mahjong.

bradshsi:
I recently "gained" a Scubapro DC-11 dive computer free with some other scuba items I was buying. The computer seems to work perfectly, but I am reluctant to use it without an instruction manual.

Unfortuantely Scubapro seem to unable to support this computer and my requests to them for a manual have been ignored (even though I offered to pay).

I am looking for anyone who has the instructions for this computer and would be willing to scan them for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've not noticed that the display on mine illuminates in the dark.

(On a recent night dive, I used it as a back up bottom timer and I had to use a torch to read it).

The temperature measurement appears to work fine. It seemed to agree with the predicted water/air temperatures. I did notice that it can take some time for the temperature to come to the correct value. I suspect this is due to the location of the temperature sensor in the unit (it might be too well insulated).

Since I haven't had any other responses, I'd like to take you up on your offer. I'll PM you in December.

Thanks

I read your old thread from back in 2005, when you were looking for a manual for a scubapro dc11. Did you ever get one from Mahjong? I recently dug out some of my old regs and got them rebuilt so my girlfriend and I can take a trip to Cozumel, but I can't find the manual for the dc11 on one of the rigs. I was wondering if I might get a copy of your copy? Of course, I waited until the last minute to think of this, so I'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks, carpenterson

Hi,

I read your reply to Bradshi regarding a manual for a scubapro dc11 computer. I recently dug out some old regs and got them rebuilt for a trip my girlfriend and I are taking to Cozumel, but can't seem to find the manual for my dc11. Any chance you might be albe to send me a copy of yours? Of course, I waited until the last minute to look for my manual, so I'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

carpenterson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom