Instadry boots - sole coming off, how best to fix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Byte Me

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I've got a pair of instadry boots that I bought a couple years ago and use for all my warm water diving. Really love them, comfy, dry quickly and no rotting wetsuit smell! They've been holding up great with only little areas on the piece of rubber running up the back of the boot coming unglued. However last week in Bonaire I noticed that the sole on the right boot is coming unglued from the middle of the boot and quickly headed toward the toe and heel. I fear their next use could be their last!

Is there a way to reglue them and if so using what compound? I've used shoe goo before to put tennis shoes back together but am not thinking that would hold in water.

Thanks!

you can use shoe goo to recreate a whole new sole if the old one falls off.

You can use rubber cement to glue the 2 pieces together. They make that for scuba applications.

shoe goo should work great for that application. It is very waterproof.. use a thin layer and then put some weight on top to press the pieces together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom