Insta-Dry, Hyper-Stretch, Gold Core?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got all three Hendersons and they are all good.

Gold core is nice for the warmth and quick inside drying. I have a 3mm jumpsuit and a 5/3 hooded vest.

The Hyperstretch is my favorite for 7mm because it reduces the stiffness of a thick suit substantially. Yes it pills, but other than that it''s in fine shape after 3 winters.

The Insta Dry has the same inside as a Gold core, it's just black. The exterior does what it says, it dries real quick and more importantly to me is the cooling that occurs in wind is pretty much nonexsistent. This 3mm suit is replacing my Gold core jump that is about worn out after 4 seasons.
Another thing I like about the Insta Dry is my BC feels like it's welded onto my back... zero slippage, even when the straps are less than tight, like I like them. Same with my dive knife on my thigh... welded in place.

Chad

Really the Bare Velocity is a great suit. It will last longer and keep someone warmer than the hyperstretch... but the hyperstretch is comfy when putting them on. It really depends on how much wear and tear, how many dives you plan on doing, and how warm you want to be.

Just remember with any "stretch" suit... if you stretch a 5 mil, it is going to thin down to 2 or 3 mil. Stretch a 7 mil, and it will thin out to 3-5 mil. That is why Bare has to have a sizing chart with a million different sizes... Large tall, medium-large short, etc... But it will cost less and last longer. It's really a matter of preference.

Back
Top Bottom