Inside the Tekna Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The latest Hollis/Oceanic I hear is fantastic. I would like to try that soon.
The Hollis 500se is indeed fantastic. Spent a week with it in Grand Cayman and loved it. Drier than the Oceanic. And the downstream servo is more reliable than the Tekna.

Detuning on the Hollis really just means adjusting so the diaphragm is slightly further away from the servo lever. I don't know enough about the Tekna to know if there's an equivalent adjustment.

The main valve is identical.

IMO, better than the Jetstream, of which I own several. But it has no following, and Huish support of Hollis in the future is doubtful.

My 2¢

I purchased my 2100BX and 2100 brass bodied regulators in the early 1980s and only used them once before going into indoor storage. I used my Scuba Pro, etc. and forgot I had the Teknas until cleaning out my closets. If anyone wants them let me know.
yes interested PM me

I purchased my 2100BX and 2100 brass bodied regulators in the early 1980s and only used them once before going into indoor storage. I used my Scuba Pro, etc. and forgot I had the Teknas until cleaning out my closets. If anyone wants them let me know.

yes send me PM tekna regualtors

do you still have Tekna’s?

Looking for brass body tekna 2100

View attachment 510516

My box of Tekna goodies from an older dive shop closing its doors... sadly no pistons and only one tilt seat assembly, condition unknown but 90% likely to be sticky goo.
Do you still dive with the Tekna I only ask as I have just found my old red one and it is still in as new condition, it has been sealed and stored for about 40 odd years, (forgot I had it in a safe place). I live in Victoria and I will be testing it out very soon. I am still looking for the 1st stage I also put it in a very safe place. I have not seen another Red one. If I have any problems it would be great if I could contact someone Local to get advice. my email is sjpatto@bigpond.com. Cheers Steve

Attachments

• IMG_6902.JPG
    IMG_6902.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6901.JPG
    IMG_6901.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 22
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom