Inside and Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
INSIDE AND OUT

My Force Fins are so different from any other fin~

1. Everything about this product is Made in America.
2. Material used is more resistant to change in temperature
and abrasion than steel
3. True foil design provides lift and no drag when in
motion.
4. Patented open toe design changes flexion point so power of
quadriceps
is used iunstead of hamstrings and ankles.
5. My fins can be hung on the wall of anyone who
appreciates art.

The more I learn about Force Fins the more I like
them. It was not until I really looked into the
process of making a pair Force Fins that I really
could appreciate them and understand that it is truly
a human experience that began a long time ago.

In the beginning and still to this day Bob Evans has
his hands and mind in every process of the making of
Force Fins. In the beginning it was he himself who
poured the polyurethane liquid into every mold he
personally built. Yes poured not injected by a
machine.

Now it is a select few companies in the
United States of America that pour the polyurethane
material into the molds (still by hand). The molds he uses are all hand

made and continuously inspected and tuned for perfection. The molds have a
life span and again this is more evidence of the human
connection. There is so much preparation before the
fin can even be considered a fin that the process is
similar to a gestation period versus assembly line
style.

Once the Force Fins are poured they have to be baked
then cooled and this is about as delicate as eggs in
an incubator because a few degrees off above or below
and the fins will not pass the Doctor?s approval. They just won'?t make
it past the delivery room.

The delivery room is the Force Fin Headquarters in Santa
Barbara, California. At this location Bob has hand
picked individuals, some of them who have been
inspecting fins for him over 10 years, to continue the
quality control and final assembly of the fins. There
is no guarantee and there is never any complacency, as
the fins have to go through three lines of quality
control before a strap is even thought of being
secured to the fin.

I really loved my Force Fins, but now I simply cherish
them!

Materials-Polyurethane, USA, Durability
Craftsmanship- Human process, timely, USA
Design- Constant advancement and research on water
dynamics and forces, foil design provides lift, open
toe changes point of stress to large leg muscles

I heard about this type of craftsmanship...that's hard to find these days, especially in the USA. I am sure the production is vastly expensive, the fuel, energy cost has went up, price of polyureathane has to much more expensive than EVA or thermo plastic/rubber mix that the competitors use. For example, I would not dare leave any of my fins and forget about them next to a friends' pool to dry even for a few hours in the middle of a Vegas summer. The Force Fin I would not worry so much. Running those ovens, paying workers California's minimum wage(maybe higher) and ensuring the workers that they have hours to support their life, the rent and overhead cost for his facility, business license has got to be very expensive!

Compared to most companies that brings their product overseas and have their products built to their specifications for much cheaper and their fins costs as much as a brand new original Force Fin. In result, their product will have a much bigger profit margin than Bob Evan's His other products are a bit more but those who loves Force Fin will not have a problem coming up with the extra 40 or so for a fin that is made in USA.

I talked to Vickie from the Force Fin company and she said the same thing that his products has to be perfect, even a speck of blue on a yellow fin does not pass Bob Evan's expectations. It's also nice to know that all the parts are sold and easily attainable.

How many other companies will offer a 30 day money back guarantee? When purchased straight from Force Fin, all is needed is a brief explanation to Force fin.

People chastise the name Force Fin, Bob Evans the Fin doctor, Blair Mott and the rest of Force Fin Believers. American made even down to the screws, hand poured which makes production slower and more prone to mistakes. What's more amazing is that you can find his products atleast 10 years old and three divers later, being sold, everywhere. That tells this product does last and it may cost more in the short run but the enjoyment of this product is worth many dives to come.

Thanks for the response you really have connected the dots after reading all the posts. Your energy and insight is much apprecaited!

Yup, no Problem, Blair. I am sure there are some people that loves the entertainment about your patronage of Force Fins. Just one request, if you don't mind. You promised me that you will post more information about Force wings. When you have a chance can you and Meesier42 or even Fin Doctor post some information about each of the Force Wing products? I am sure many others would like to know about them, what they are used for what all of your insights are about them, what force wing product is best used for this fin and or that fin. I am sure you catch my drift. The website does not contain enough information and not making it clear. Thanks for your efforts and will be glad to hear about this new topic soon!

well there is some more information on them on this thread ForceWings

but looking back at it, that thread primarily speaks about the Whiskers. I have recently started using the Excellerating w/BatWings, but I want to play with them some more before I talk too much about them

castanagajt
The next two Tuesday posts are on topics you have shown interest in. Adjustable Force Fins and The Force Wings. I will be getting more in depth with those two topics for the next 2 posts and hope to detail all of the Force Wing products!

Sweet! With that can you also add in the Beaver Force along with the adjustable Force Fin. I haven't seen any reviews or reports about the Beaver Force at all. Meesier42, I read that topic about force wings in this forum and looked into it in the ForceFin website. Both resources mainly talks about the whiskers as you said earlier and seemingly tends to forget in broader detail of the other Force Wing products. I can't wait to hear your follow up on the Force Wings products when you can form a complete observation when you have the chance. Thanks you two.

If you are going to move it, the only appropriate area I see is in the Equipment Marketplace, but the thread is really not selling anything, so not even appropriate there.

I'd PM Blair, tell his this post reads like an advertisement, NOT an answer to a Question, or a question (IOW's does not really belong in the Force Fin forum).

I'd let this one slide, and suggest that if he wants to do some advertising (which is basically what he is trying to do here, but IMO this will get very little visibility) that he can contact any of the SB staff who can put him in touch with an add rep.

I think rates start at $100 a month, and with the traffic here, that will pay for itself with just a couple sales, especially based on what force fin charges for their high end stuff!

Better, maybe someone like Howard wants to initiate this PM.

Back
Top Bottom