Inserting Thread Links

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMOST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK being new to this site and oh yea I do enjoy it and have made quite a few contacts already. How do I insert a thread link into a reply. I want to go into one of my subscribed threads and copy another thread into a reply. I've seen it done and thats how I found out about a group dive with one simple click. I want to pass along information about a group dive. Can someone help please!!!

OK being new to this site and oh yea I do enjoy it and have made quite a few contacts already. How do I insert a thread link into a reply. I want to go into one of my subscribed threads and copy another thread into a reply. I've seen it done and thats how I found out about a group dive with one simple click. I want to pass along information about a group dive. Can someone help please!!!

Maybe not the most efficient (or maybe it is) but this is what I do:
I use Mac/Firefox, adapt as necessary to your software, the basic idea's the same.

Open up another browser tab and find page #1 of the thread you want to reference.
Go to the location bar and copy the url to the clipboard. (Double-click to highlight,
then Apple-C, or control-C, I think, on windows.)
Go back to your replying tab and paste in the clipboard contents (Apple-V or control-V).

To paste a reference to a single post, inject the following: click the post # at top right to get a single-post display, then copy/paste that url.

And if there's an easier way, someone will come along and tell us both.

reefduffer's pretty much got it right but we also have an Insert Link Icon above every post or reply window.
It's this one:
createlink.gif
The next one to the right is used to insert an image in your post:
insertimage.gif

Either way works...

If you're posting a link to an external website, our .vbulletin s/w will use the pagename of the external site. If you want it to be something different click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the basic reply window and uncheck the Automatically retrieve titles from external links box in the Additional Options box located below the Post Reply button. Then past the link into your post using the Insert Link Icon. By default we add the http:// so if your link already has one, paste over it.

Thanks for the info. I tried it and was able to insert a thread no problem. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom