Insel baggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How do you pack for MD-80 flights on Insel Air? In order to qualify for the 22 pound extra SCUBA gear baggage allowance, the gear has to be transported in a separate bag. The other checked luggage is restricted to 2 pieces combined for a maximum of 88 pounds. Since I'm staying in Bonaire for three weeks in a resort that has no laundry facilities, I think I'm going to need all of my weight allowance, but dragging/carrying three checked bags and a roll-aboard through the Miami airport doesn't appeal to me at all. Also, I hesitate to check my dive gear in a bag that offers no protection.
Does anyone have any experience with Insel Air baggage?

I took one large (regulation) checked bag, one regulation rolling carry on, and a school sized backpack. Regulator, mask, and computer go in the backpack.

You don't need many clothes in Bonaire but it seems I remember seeing a laundromat.

take clothes you can just wash in the shower with yourself. I stay 4 weeks every year and always pack too much. I take a paint-stained outfit for wearing to the dive sites (my "Bonaire uniform"), never had it stolen out of the truck yet ! ha ha It is nylon and dries in a few hours. Insel is very forgiving on the weight allowance when you get to the airport. Love Insel.

Back
Top Bottom