Insel Air is in trouble again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our first two trips to Bonaire in 2011/2012 were on “Insult Air” from Charlotte to Curacao to Bonaire. The plane out of Charlotte at that time was like flying on a bus. Not a Greyhound mind you. No, no, no, no, but a very old dirty school bus! However, the crew couldn’t have been nicer.

... After getting stuck and treated like crap on Curacao I swore I would never step foot on that island again... I'd pay $500 dollars a ticket more thats how bad that island is.. Never in all my travels have I had to get my checked bags and leave the airport terminal and then go back through customs and immigration at a airport that was just a stop to change airplanes..

Same thing happened to me in Aruba both directions. On the trip to Bonaire I had to go through security 4 times because of how the airport is set up. The only thing that makes going through Aruba better than Curacao is that on the way home you clear customs in Aruba. Still not worth the hassle.

Never in all my travels have I had to get my checked bags and leave the airport terminal and then go back through customs and immigration at a airport that was just a stop to change airplanes..

I wonder if it's still the case: as I understand they've remodeled recently.

4 more weeks...

As airport security was stepped up there were inconvenient and seemingly goofy things everywhere. Things got updated faster at more major airports, especially international hubs (which few Caribbean islands really are.) Also places that had the money to do it, places where the layout was amenable to rearranging things relatively easily to meet new requirements, whatever. And some places, not so much. Curacao has done major work on the airport in recent years, but I haven't been there in a few years (and it's never a transit point for me) so I dunno the current flow.

Try flying out of Yap sometime...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom