Inseam measurements for a drysuit... confused

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoopa

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all.. Still trying to figure out what size drysuit i might need... Im thinking about the sb system from bare.... Everything on the xl fits me perfect-- except the inseam.... I dont really know how they measure it... I read online that you measure from the crotch(the bone area between the boys and the bum) down to below your ankle--- and ive read that you measure all the way down to the floor from the crotch..

so which is right?

Also-- does bare take into account the fact that dry suits have some sag in the crotch with their measurements? Id hate to say i need a 35 leg then attach that to a crotch that comes down a bit and have crazy long legs... Im sure im over thinking this.. But the measurements that come with a xl is a 33 inseam.. And for me-- im 35" from the crotch down to the floor.. hmmm confused

i wish bare would post a page showing how they want you to measure everything... But i guess that would make it too easy.. lol..

Contact Bare Customer Support directly. I've received prompt service from the company via email. You could also give them a call.

The best thing to do would be to find a local authorized Bare drysuit dealer to do the "official" measurements. That way if there are any issues with fit following delivery...for whatever reason...the dealer should make it right. Understandably, not everyone has a convenient Bare dealer nearby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom