Inquiry for home improvement types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I need to "clean up" the kitchen floor by either removing the small patches of paint that are on it, or covering it with an easy to place, not-expensive covering. What say you all?

What kind of floor is it now?

The fake wood stuff is all the rage but I find it kind of noisy. Quick and easy DIY project.

ah... mineral spirits?

Semi-hard tile? Possibly vinyl tile?

Anyway, I would try mineral spirits, paint thinner, acetone, or something of the like, but apply it to a rag, daub it on, than rub with a dry rag. Repeat a few times.

If that doesn't work, probably the easiest flooring that I have ever put down is the 1/8" x 12" vinyl tile. I personally would remove the tile that is there, but it could be a lot of work. Just make sure that you start the tile square to the longest wall, and it should go well.

I have put down the snap lock fake wood flooring. I wouldn't call it hard, but it was a little time consuming. It will wear in time, though.

I put down a Pergo floor in a kitchen. Dunno exactly what it is, but it made a pretty nice floor and it wears quite well. Finished product appears to be a hardwood floor, but its some sort of composite/veneer. Some experience with home upgrades would be nice, and tools help also...especially saws.

Best of luck,

Doc

and if that doesn't work, call it modern art and claim you paid mega bucks for it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom