Inquiring mind question on Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I sign up to receive alot of junk e-mail from various businesses including dive resorts, etc.
A week at Little Cayman Beach Resort runs between $2,000 and $2,500 depending (air not included)
A week at Bega Lagoon Resort runs from $2.300 to $2,700 depending and includes air from LAX.
I will be on the west coast two different times in the next nine months and can take the time to add this dive trip.

Questions- It Bega Lagoon Resort worth the 10 hours from LAX?

Would a non-diver enjoy it?

have never been to Fiji and was wondering if this was a good introduction trip or should the first trip be done differently?

Thanks!

Short answer - Yes. It would be a good intro to Fiji. The snorkeling is quite nice too. My husband wasn't yet certified when we went so accomodates single divers nicely too. Lovely local and pool for non-divers and plenty of cultural activities. Good food. The people are lovely and happy and full of music. Try to get seats on airline towards the back where its two across. Also Ambien will let you sleep a nice 6 hours. You gain the time back returning. Do some research on best times to go.

Would I go back? Maybe, but was just spoiled for 10 days in July on the Nai'a liveaboard and dove my fins off.

AaMy daughter and I stayed there in JUly 2010. It is way better diving then the best diving in the carribian. The resort is very nice, well kept. The food choice is varied and very good. The staff is outstanding,very friendly. The shark dive is outstanding! The reefs are full of softcorals are eveywhere and in every color. You will not be dissapointed. Hope this helps.

My wife (a non-diver) and I will be at Beqa in about 6 weeks. I'll post a review then, but we are hoping she has a good time. :)

My wife (a non-diver) and I will be at Beqa in about 6 weeks. I'll post a review then, but we are hoping she has a good time. :)
Are you heading straight to bega or stopping on the mainland first. I'll be based in Denerau over the easter break for a few ddays.

Straight in to Beqa. No real mainland time until the day we leave.

Back
Top Bottom