input on my trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
hi all going to AC last week of march. Staying at pelican reef villas-( looked good on trip advisor but didnt see much info elswhere is this a good place to stay?).

dining wise these places looked good:
Casa Picasso.
Blue Water Grill.
Wild MangoÃÔ
ElviÃÔ Kitchen.
Rojo Lounge.
Rendezvous.
Any other must try places i missed or anything to say about the above mentioned places?

to do itinerary:
Lamanai Ruins- manatees
Atolls- Half Moon Caye on lighthouse reef, turneffe
Dive sites: Christ of the abyss, Love tunnels, Esmeralda, Victoria canyon, Eagle Ray Canyon junst outside of HolChan (got these for eco divers post)
Seahorse Dive Center for whalesharks (possible if there is time)
any other must see dives or land adventures??

I appreciate all your input guys thank you for helping.

Pelican Reef Villas is classy - very good choice. Though it's a long way out of town, and you'll want some form of transport.

All places you mention for dining are good, though note that Rojo is a long way north of San Pedro and you're staying a long way south. It'll be a considerable exercise getting there and back. Rendezvous is also north, though not so far.

In town you should also try Reef Restaurant at the northern end of Middle Street - basic seafood at Belizean prices, not a fancy environment but very good food. And DandE's ice cream almost opposite. And for breakfast sit down at Estelle's on the beach just south of "The Park", or takeout at Ruby's Cafe on the street in front of Ruby's Hotel at the southern end of Front Street.

Don't try to cram too many different activities into your week. Dive locally (the sites you mention are all good, but there are many other good ones and you won't have a free choice anyway). The sites in front of Hol Chan can be good depending on sea conditions - listen to the advice given at the time by local dive staff. Maybe do a day trip to Lighthouse Atoll/Blue Hole.

Non diving - Lamanai is a good day trip. Make sure you have your camera and ideally some proper shoes/trainers. I suggest you go to Seaduced or Tanisha for this.

Seahorse is an excellent dive shop with a superb reputation for seeing whale sharks, but it's a long way from San Pedro and you should forget about it for your week. Similarly a manatee trip is quite fun, but I think that with the above you'll have a full week anyway.

Have you decided who to dive with yet?

thanks peter. some great advice. im between ecological and amigos del mar. i know u were affiliated with someone but they closed down. are my choices ok??

I'd happily go with either of those, or with AquaDives, Chuck 'n Robbie, or Island Divers. There are others, but I tend to lose interest after these few.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom