Inon z-330 vs two ys-01’s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A nice thing about strobes is that they will carry right over when (if) you buy a better camera. Unlike some things, like lenses or whatever.
If you'd said housing, I'd agree. But as long as you stay with the same system, your lenses will work just as great on your new, better camera.

I bought my first SLR at the tender age of fifteen, and I'm on my third dSLR camera. All my lenses in that system, from the first one I ever bought, can be used on my newest camera. Granted, my old MF lenses aren't much used anymore, but that's not because they couldn't "carry over". It's because also lens technology has improved, and today's lenses are better than most of those which were designed some 40 years ago.

If you'd said housing, I'd agree. But as long as you stay with the same system, your lenses will work just as great on your new, better camera.

I bought my first SLR at the tender age of fifteen, and I'm on my third dSLR camera. All my lenses in that system, from the first one I ever bought, can be used on my newest camera. Granted, my old MF lenses aren't much used anymore, but that's not because they couldn't "carry over". It's because also lens technology has improved, and today's lenses are better than most of those which were designed some 40 years ago.

The OP has an Olympus TG-5... Any lenses purchased for that would be wet lenses... that probably won’t be useful on a “better” camera. But, maybe, I guess.

Hello folks,

At the moment I shoot with a tg5 in a pt-058 housing and have been only using the internal flash and an ORCATORCH D550.
I am looking for lights and was considering the Symbiosis SS3 at one point but now think strobes may be better in the long run.
I prefer stills/macro but like to shoot WA if the opportunity arises.
Would one Inon z330 be preferable to 2 ys-01’s?

As this will be my first foray into true external lights, are these options overkill?
Would a focus/video light be necessary? Could I use one for videos? Or could I continue to use my torch?
Thank you in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom