Inon Z-240 diffuser: white vs. blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all. i just got a Z240 strobe. am wondering which diffuser will be better to use? blue or white? is it true that the color of pictures are more yellow because of the white diffuser?
another questions is: for macro photography, would the -1.5 be better than -0.5 diffuser?:confused:

OK, so it's not the diffuser causing the problems. Let's have a looksee at two or three of your images and tell us why you aren't happy. Then we can trouble shoot.

hi all. i just got a Z240 strobe. am wondering which diffuser will be better to use? blue or white? is it true that the color of pictures are more yellow because of the white diffuser?
This should explain the difference between the blue and white diffusers:

http://inonamerica.com/content/docs/Diffuser_System.pdf

When they say "some Canon cameras" I believe they are talking about the digital compact/point and shoot models. I've never had a problem with my Canon dSLR.

another questions is: for macro photography, would the -1.5 be better than -0.5 diffuser?:confused:
Depending on what camera you are using the more light you can throw at the subject when shooting macro the better. More light means you can shoot at smaller apertures and get more depth of field. I always use a -0.5 diffuser on my Z240s and can easily shoot up to f22 with ease. Using a -1.5 diffuser would mean I could only go to around f16. If you shooting a digital compact (which typically have a minimum aperture of f8) you may need the -1.5 diffuser to reduce the amount of light from your strobe down to a manageable level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom