Inon wide Angle Lens - Type 1 and Type 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

08.gif

From what I can find on the net this appears to be the two different type Inon Wide Angle lenses:

wideangle.jpg

Dee:
Ted, in that second link about the panoramas....Have you tried the program the guy wrote to correct it? He only mentions having to have Virtual Basic on your computer to run it.

Dee, Haven't had a chance to try any of these yet. I just found them this morning and I've spent all day trying to stop a construction project that has gone awry. I'll try to check it out this weekend. BTW I know nothing about Virtual Basic Runtime. Maybe someone else can help us. If not I think I know who to ask!!! So do you.TedJ

TedJ:
BTW I know nothing about Virtual Basic Runtime. Maybe someone else can help us. If not I think I know who to ask!!! So do you.TedJ
LOL.....yeah and he'll love it!

Dee:
Mar.....I just noticed your signature. I love it!

Thanks, Dee! Glad to provide a little humor now and then. Cameras and their buddies are just fun.

Gilligan, I'm actually planning to upgrade to the 5050, so the Type 2 will come in handy then. All that said, I'm not that dissatisfied with the lens. I actually don't see any vignetting unless I take a photo topside. Underwater I get no vignetting, but get some soft focus in the corners for close shots (which I think the dome port is useful for to get the close focuse WA shots). Anything over 5 feet away and focus seems to be fine. I've attached examples.

Oh, and see if you can spot Waldo in the Type2Close photo

marpacifica are you getting any vignetting with the Inon WAL underwater w/o the dome port attachment?

Here's Waldo
waldo.jpg

What lense were you using? There's alot of blurring around the edges.

I found out today that my S&S WA L lenses has a slight vignetting in the far corners when used on the PT-15. I don't know yet about any blurring. On the PT-10 it didn't produce either one.

No....I was simply asking a question. I want to buy another WA so Beast and I both can have one. The S&S works perfectly for the 4040/PT-10. I'm trying to figure out if the Inon does these nasty things, how bad it is, or do I buy another S&S and adjust just a bit
for the black corners. Olympus has already been ruled out.

I need to make some corrections on this issue. I posted this thread over on Digital Diver and one person responded they did indeed have a C4000 with a Type 1 lens.

Mark Rupert of Inon America also responded with a link to Inon's site and a PDF file that explains the thread positon difference on the Type 1 and Type 2 lenses. However, they both are 67mm and do not require an adaptor for the PT-010 if I read his page correctly

HOWEVER, Inon's site also does not specify which Type lens is compatible with which model Oly camera that fits in the PT-010 and that is my whole point.

I corrected the photo on this thread to not show an adaptor for the Type 1 as respects the PT-010.

I have asked Mark Rupert to clarify the camera model dilema.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom