Inon UWL-100 vs UN PWC-01 wide angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stackable means that you can screw one close-up lens on top of another, potentially giving you more magnification. This is only possible if the close-up lens has threads on the front of the lens (like the threads on the housing port). So you screw one close-up lens on the housing port and the second close-up lens onto the front thread of the first close-up lens.

The Inon UCL-165 is stackable for the above reason. The UN PCU-01 is not because it doesn't have front threads.

In the picture below you can see the UN lens stacked on top of the Inon lens.

mannydib:
no barrel distortion?

what problems do the Inon WAL have?

I didn't say the Inon WAL had any documented distortion problems.

When I was shopping for a WAL for my C-4040 a couple years ago, just before the Inon's were released, I noticed blurring and vignetting on alot of the photos I was seeing posted on the 'net. Most of those were taken with the Oly WA lens.* Since I had been using a S&S WA lens on my old MMII rig, I was familiar with and pleased with the quality and performance of the lens and decided to continue to use the S&S brand lens. On the C-4040/PT-10 rig, the S&S lens showed no blurring around the edges or vignetting. On the C-5050/PT-15 I now have, I get a faint vigner shadow in the upper left corner but a quick bump of the zoom lever eliminates it.

*Before someone jumps on me here, it was just an unscientific observation on what I was seeing. Alot of people are perfectly pleased with their Oly lenses. To each thier own, YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom