INON 165AD Lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
This may have been asked before but does anyone have pics using the INON 165AD wideangle/fisheye lens on a point and shoot. Issues with Ikelite housing and said lens? They are close to 400 smakeroos so I sure would like to see some opinions and results from actual users before unking my cash down for that piece of glass.

N

I've been using one for the last two years, love it. My avatar was taken with it and these.
IMG_3126copy.jpg

1.jpg

AquaKiwi ,

Do you ever remove the UFL underwater to attach another lens.?
The dome is pretty large so i guess not?
I have the Inon UWL & UCL lens which i like to swap throughout the dive.
Have you ever tried an above/below shot with the UFL?

Yeah, that is beginning to look like a winner for a very compact system. What camera was that and what is your approximate max view angle? N

Got the same question as Nemrod, but got another one, should I buy the 165AD lens and the 105AD or buy only one?

Kevster:
AquaKiwi ,

Do you ever remove the UFL underwater to attach another lens.?
The dome is pretty large so i guess not?
I have the Inon UWL & UCL lens which i like to swap throughout the dive.
Have you ever tried an above/below shot with the UFL?

I also have a Inon close up but mainly shoot with the fisheye or remove and use the standard onboard lens. Personaly I like the fisheye, being able to use the zoom and its
abillity to focus so close.

scallop.jpg

I've used both the 105 and the 165 on my Oly SP350. I would go with only the fish eye: it allows you to get very close to your subject (less backscatter and better colours) while still getting everything in. Will PM location of some photos soonish.

So go with the 165 only and forget the 105?

And Tassie, where is the picture you so promised me!! :D If you don't response, I'm going to poke you for the rest of your life!!!! :1poke:

I guess I will answer my own question. I have ordered the 165 lens, adapter, tray etc for the Olypus 770 and PT-035 housing. I will compare it to my Ikelite housed Nikon FM and 20MM Nikkor (has not been used in years). I will still need to purchase a new strobe system, hopefully one that can work with the Ikelite/FM, Nikonos III, Olympus PT035/770SW and other camers. For that it will need both optical sync, TTL sync and Nikonos plugs----does anyone know of such an animal?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom