Innovative Scuba Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neil:

Neil,

The problem you will have with this particular brand is it's a lower grade, SE Asian stainles steel and the pull ring on the back WILL break. If you are interested in top quality spring straps made in the US, backed by the MFG and dealer support goto,www.mantaindustries.com

Thanks - Greg

neil:
Um, yeah, that's why I posted three different links. :) Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering how and IF those stainless fittings stay in place. It looks like they could just slide off when not wearing the fins. I suppose they're meant to stay put by the friction against the post.

I have the first ones that I use with Mares Quatros. I love them. I did break the little loop thing finally but they still work great. I bought mine on-line for...39 I think. My favorite little peice of gear, especially riding the bronco boat swim steps in a big swell.

Yes, when they are on, they are locked on tight by the tension.style #1(fits over molded plastic nub) Never a problem.

#1 style for Mares quatros

#2 I would not choose

#3 is for SP jet fins

You have to pick one, pick this one... Others have all failure points. The plastic buckles is the most common failure point.

fna408.jpg

Otherwise, look for "Hoosier" spring strap is made of SP genuine buckles, derline rod, and SS springs. It is a darn solid.... :)

Neil,
Just installed the 404 before a dive trip. Averaged 4 hours of wear a day for 6 days and found them very comfortable easy to get on and off. I do not do tech diving so "failure point" not an issue. They snapped right on my Blades and they have got to last longer in pool water longer than the stock straps!
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom