Innovation in diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not sure what this has to do with this thread, or diving for that matter, but they use the sun and stars for navigation. People have been doing this for centuries. The fact that some aborigines or islanders still do it today doesn't change the fact that we have better technology available today for this purpose.

Better technology?

Hmmmm....

They use another technique as well which is very applicable to cave diving (and compass is a diving tool).

not sure what this has to do with this thread, or diving for that matter, but they use the sun and stars for navigation. People have been doing this for centuries. The fact that some aborigines or islanders still do it today doesn't change the fact that we have better technology available today for this purpose.

Better tech is always good. I'm not sure about safer. I guess it depends on how you use it. I started diving before computers came on the scene. When they did, it seemed the users got a lot more bottom time. Then and now, people are more willing to push the ndl with a computer. Safer? Only if used rationally. It's good to have and certainly pretty much required for some things. The most important piece of safety equipment you have is still your brain.

Better technology?

Hmmmm....

They use another technique as well which is very applicable to cave diving (and compass is a diving tool).

I can understand why you would like to move this discussion on to navigation since you have such an indefensible position on bottom timers. I suppose now you will be arguing that compasses are both appropriate and not appropriate.

I can understand why you would like to move this discussion on to navigation since you have such an indefensible position on bottom timers. I suppose now you will be arguing that compasses are both appropriate and not appropriate.

I will argue you are argumentative and a pain.

Definitely unnecessary and dispensable.

Something I'd forget in the garage with pleasure.

Make no compromise on Bottom Timer/Dive Computer. Buy and use it.

It is proper equipment, just not essential to the dive I planned, and the dive was planned precisely taking into account I did not have a Dive Computer/Bottom Timer.

Definitely unnecessary and dispensable.

Something I'd forget in the garage with pleasure.

you are just all over the place

you are just all over the place

"Rarely is closer to always than it is to never. Always plan for the rare things."

You may have heard that before, but in case it adds to your confusion, the source is the state of confusion generated by your mind.

"Rarely is closer to always than it is to never. Always plan for the rare things."

You may have heard that before, but in case it adds to your confusion, the source is the state of confusion generated by your mind.

I agree, I am confused, but the source is generated by your mind.

I agree, I am confused, but the source is generated by your mind.

Wear a Dive Computer/Bottom Timer and see if it gets any better!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom