Inner or Outer Space Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What is your choice..... inner or outer space trips?

FYI: Jeff Bezos space flight: https://fb.watch/v/1juPSdnQH/

One 11 minute outer space trip or the dives you’ve made in the the past year??

If given a no cost limit dive trip what would it be?

Unequal comparison.

How about the ten minutes in spaces vs. a trip in the NR1? Or with a time machine and Beebe-Barton?

I wouldn’t mind to go into orbit. I actually bought a chance on a seat for the inspiration 4 mission.

Now if I could EVA on the moon, that would be awesome.

Sub orbital hops interest me less.

Early trans-continental air travel, Pan-Am flights, were tens of thousands of dollars in todays money. And still took days.
Now, you hop on a jet and get there even faster and it is only in the hundreds of dollars.

The technology should improve radically over the next few decades. Elon Musk has already reduced the cost of putting a pound of stuff into orbit by orders of magnitude with the Falcon 9 and it’s still partially expendable. His fully reusable Starship promises to knock the price per pound down into the single digits where ten years ago it was like $25,000 a kilogram (2.2lbs).

Now, you hop on a jet and get there even faster and it is only in the hundreds of dollars.

Maybe 10% of the price, but 100x more annoying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom