Ink is still wet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThinLine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there..

The ink is still wet on my card, well it's actually not even wet since all I have is a temp. My name is Cory, I live in Boot Key harbor, Marathon FL on our 37 CSY sailboat. I grew up in Hawaii and moved around various places. Been diving for much longer than I've been certified and my father was a diver in the Navy. I finally decided to make it official and took my 14 year old son with me to get certified here in the keys. We went to Captain Hooks Marathon and I can't say enough about how good our instructor Denise was, both with my son and with breaking my bad habits. It was my son, myself and her throughout the entire course and it was really nice getting that personal attention. I was surprised at how much I DIDN"T know or remember. Living here gives us the opportunity to dive frequently either off our boat, or with our dinghy which is a 14 ft Achilles with a 20 Yamaha.

I was a lurker for quite a while before joining and I got a lot of information both before my cert and since. Thanks to all the contributors to this site for sharing all their knowledge. I look forward to improving my skills and diving as often as the weather allows. It's nice to have a built in dive buddy!

/wave

It's nice to have a built in dive buddy!

Especially when they have two boats and live in the Keys. All we need now is your address so we can all come visit!!:D

Welcome to Scubaboard. Since you live in "The Dive Capital of the World" The FL Keys, you will have to keep those who are in colder climates apprised of what they are missing.
HeHeHe. Yep life is cruel for those who don't live here. :rofl3:
Congrats on your cert!

Right now I'm pretty excited that Katherine the great white is right off Marathon! We plan on diving Saturday, Sunday and maybe Monday, would be cool to see her. As long as she isn't hungry ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom