InfraRed to USB Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huntster

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can buy or borrow an infrared to USB adapter in Cozumel ? I've got a ScubaPro SmartCom computer and forgot to pack the adapter. I've checked ProDive and the shop 1/2 a block away with no luck.

Thanks

Sorry - you are out of luck finding that here :( If Studio Blue (the shop half a block from Pro Dive and a ScubaPro dealer) doesn't have it, no one else will. Cozumel is not stocked with a large selection of gear, especially gear specific and older accessories.

I look around. I have two scuba pro computers for backup in our consoles. I bought the infrared, but I don't know if it here or in the US. Of course I never use it as both of those computer eat a battery in a month and a half turned off..... They just take up space in the console. My mares wrist mounts just keep working....

It doesn't have to be the scubapro one. I've been using a cheap generic usb-IR adapter for years with my scubapro dive computers. They may have one at Mega if you're lucky!

Cool. Thanks for responding and looking. It you find one, I'll be in town for the parade tonight. Maybe meet in the No Name bar in the Barracuda hotel afterwards ?

---------- Post added February 12th, 2013 at 04:10 PM ----------

Yep, thought of that. Checked Mega and Chedraui too. No luck.

I have yet to find one of those that works for a 64-bit OS. Anyone know if there is anything like that out yet? And to really throw a curve, I generally run Apple products, so anyone know of one of those that works on either iOS or OS X?

Thanks everyone. This is what the SCUBA community about. Maybe 19 dives won't fill the memory...

I was there but dont bring my cable with me because my Alladain holds 100 dives. If I do that many on a trip to Coz I really won't be worried about logging anything anymore:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom