Infos on halmahera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whalerock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
I am going on a exploration trip to the northern area of Halmahera. Does anybody have some information on dive sites and what to see- makro or wideangle??

best fishes
Thomas

i would suggest macro for sure.. 60mm is the safest bet, perhaps with a 10-17m as well.

Some damage in that area but some gems as well, lots of opportunities to explore as not a lot of it has been dived.

Have fun and try to dive where no one has been before.

I Just back from Halmahera for dive sites survey and photo assingment, we dive in tidore island, east, west and south halmahera, unfortunately no dive in north area. It is a macro. There are huge nudibranch and flat worms, gobies, blennies, crabs, shrimps and sea fans (I did not found the pigmy :( ). 60 mm is ok but I think 105 mm with converter need to be brought too :wink:. Meanwhile, wide angle is fine too. Patchy reefs, sponges, sea fans and quite good reefscape and sharks.

Ivan Kuswandi K. Silaban
Email: ivansilaban@gmail.com

Hi, I also would be interested to go to halmahera from beginning ~ of february of 2012, do you have any recent infos where to go and dive and sleep at a reasonable price as I am on budget ?
Is weta resort the only place where to stay at on the whole island for diving ?

funscuba, just contact Rob from Lembeh divers Lodge he might be able you help you

Hello, yes I know it is a very late reply. But we have been busy opening our first Weda Resort. Then closing it again because we got a nickel mining neighbor. And after that busy building our new Weda Resort at the East Coast of Central Halmahera. I have been diving and living in North Halmahera but the Bay of Weda is far better. Please have a look at Weda Resort - Diving Halmahera, Birding Halmahera, Maluku in Indonesia Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom