Info on Villas Marba Hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainmaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are thinking about a long-term stay in Cozumel and remembered that this hotel looked pretty good and advertised daily, weekly and monthly rates for apartments. It is located on 5th St., less than a block from Christi's place.

Has anyone stayed there, and if so, how was it? Anyone have info about rates, and maybe a web address and/or phone number? An on-line search hasn't turned up much.

Back in January you asked about the Villa Marba. I am thinking about it and am wondering if you even got any replies. Or if you ended up staying there.
Thanks,
Mel

We are thinking about a long-term stay in Cozumel and remembered that this hotel looked pretty good and advertised daily, weekly and monthly rates for apartments. It is located on 5th St., less than a block from Christi's place.

Has anyone stayed there, and if so, how was it? Anyone have info about rates, and maybe a web address and/or phone number? An on-line search hasn't turned up much.

I stayed there for 3 months once - its functional, convenient and has a good price. What's to argue about?

I haven't been back to Coz yet, unfortunately don't plan to return until January.

I received one Private Message, copied & pasted below:

"My fiance and I looked at Villas Marba last week.

I started out staying at Hotel Cozumel about 8 trips ago and got tired of the games around the pool and diving with the big Dive Paradise boats. I then started staying at Casa Mexicana and diving with Blue XT Sea Diving from the Aldora pier near the square. After staying there several times we moved to Villas Las Anclas on 5th Ave. between 3rd and 5th Streets. They are $30-40 cheaper per day than Casa Mexicana and just as nice and much, much bigger. It is a two story villa with nice architecture... only 7 villas and a very nice owner who also owns Caribe Blu and Blue Angel dive shop.

If I wanted to continue spending around $700 per week for lodging I would always stay at Villas Las Anclas. However, since we try to get down to Coz 3-4 weeks per year we thought about looking at other options.

Last week we spent a day looking around the island for cheaper options that didn't have us taking cold showers and sleeping with gecko's, although 1 or 2 aren't bad ! !

After looking at many hotel/motel.apartments, we found that all things considered, Villas Marba was the best choice. The others were okay as second possibilities but Villas Marba's location made them better.

The good news for us was that it was going to be between $17 and $21 per day. That is amazing. It was large clean, had a good shower, good size bathroom, two burner hot plate, kitchenette, a/c. Casa Mexicana it isn't but after going to the island several times and realizing we are on the ocean every day, the ocean front hotel is not necessary. And the top floor has a view of the ocean anyway.

The bad news is that it is basically an apartment so you have to supply your own sheets, towels, soap, etc. We are going to Chedraui next time and get about $100 worth of pillows, mattress pads, a couple of pots, plates glasses, flatware, etc., ....stuff to set up a hotel room, keep it in a plastic box and keep it sealed and on the island with a friend.

They have maid service for $10 per week which gets the floors swept and mopped, bed made, dishes washed and bathroom cleaned.

This option isn't for everyone but we are going to try it as it will save us around $3,000 per year in going down there."

Thank you for sending me that information. It was very helpful and confirmed what a dive operator down there told me.
Happy diving!
Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom