Info on Rainbow Reef Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpwinters

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey All,
I just wanted to spread some information. My wife and I just got back form spending a week down in Key Largo diving with Rainbow Reef. This was our second time we went with them for a week vacation. We loved it.
I just wanted to let everyone know that they consolidated their operations into one spot, Key Largo. Apparently trying to keep everything scheduled down in Islamorada was a pain so they brought everything up to Key Largo. They run their 2 large boats and a small 6-pack sized one. They haven't had a chance to update their website yet.
Just thought I would share.

Thnx..

I am going out with them on the 8th of July for a bunch of dive, do you know if they still have the Tropical Explorer. They had a really small boat the Tropical Dream. Which one are you referring to as the 6- pack. Thanks for the update - fellow MD.

I think the "6-pack" I was referring to was the Tropical Explorer (which is really a 12-pack apparently). When we were going out, the Tropical Voyager (Orange Life rafts up on the bridge) was usually doing the deeper dives. We were usually on the Tropical Adventure (Blue covers on the the life rafts on the bridge) for the shallower reefs.

I love this shop, DJ is a pleasure to work with. 4 days and counting till the 2009 year o the wreck trip.

I love this shop, DJ is a pleasure to work with. 4 days and counting till the 2009 year o the wreck trip.

Maybe we'll see you there. We are diving with RR on 7/6 afternoon, 7/7 morning and 7/8 morning

I went diving with Rainbow Reef for a three day trip back in April. Super professional organization, very friendly. I went shallow for all my dives, as these were my first ocean dives after certification. Dive guide Jesus (pronounced "hey-soos") is absolutely amazing ("Put your faith in Jesus" should definitely be on their t-shirts). He was very accommodating to me as a new diver and made sure I was comfortable with everything we were doing on the dives.

There's always the option to do what you want with your own buddy and not follow the dive guide if you choose, but being that I was buddy-less, I always dove with Jesus.

The next time I'm down in the keys I'm definitely diving with them again. I'm sure y'all will have fun this week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom