Info on Masbate needed.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi everyone, would like to get some (OLD-lol) info about Masbate....Very short Hx: my grandfather after WW II was made a provost martial (a Major then in the US Army)on the island of Masbate & I would like to get a little info from any 'oldtimers'--or anyone else who has access to 'handed down' info--from that time in the history of Masbate.....TIA, hope to hear from someone....

Good luck with your search, I have been to Masbate once and that was only to catch a ferry to Cebu. Might be worth your while to take a dive trip to the Phils and spend a little time in Masbate doing the research first hand... People are generally very helpful with this kind of stuff if it is available...

I dont think there are any "really old timers" frequenting this board.. In fact you may have better luck on some of the Yahoo boards.. Plenty of older retired guys hanging around there. Well gotta go and take my morning nap :)

Cheers

Not as cold as it's been but we're going to get hit with a storm, starting tonight through tomorrow.

Might get upwards of a foot.

In keeping with the thread topic, I'll add that there's not much to do on a day like that except to go Masbate.

I'm gunna be sure & think about you & you're SLE's & BIO's you'll be doing Thurs, Fri, & Mon while away @ CZM(100' down no less----)....

btw, I've heard it pronounced like 'moss, body'(& substitute a 't' sound for the 'd' sound in body ie boty)---not as bad as it looks, lol.....from someone else reading this, how is it phonetically pronounced?. tia.....

EDIT:---hmmmm, something's happened to a couple posts in this thread, oh well, lol.....I'll catch you later Steve....

Hi everyone, would like to get some (OLD-lol) info about Masbate....Very short Hx: my grandfather after WW II was made a provost martial (a Major then in the US Army)on the island of Masbate & I would like to get a little info from any 'oldtimers'--or anyone else who has access to 'handed down' info--from that time in the history of Masbate.....TIA, hope to hear from someone....

I dont think there are any "really old timers" frequenting this board.. In fact you may have better luck on some of the Yahoo boards.. Plenty of older retired guys hanging around there. Well gotta go and take my morning nap :)
Cheers

now where's coya caloy when you need him? :idk:

Back
Top Bottom