Info on Conshelf 30?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenkimbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been using my U.S. Diver's Conshelf 30 1st stage since purchasing it new in 1985 or 1986, not sure which. Recently I bought a new flexible hose for my 2nd stage, also a Conshelf 30. The new flexible hoses, I am told, are all the same 3/8" diameter fitting for attachment to the 1st stage. My Conshelf 30 has an odd size that the local dive shop tells me was only used in the production of 1st stages for less than a year. They think it is a 7/16", but since they can only go by guess work, I dont really know. Does anyone have info on this 1st stage? I want an adapter so I can Keep on using my trusty old friend. It has been diving almost as long as I have and has been with me for every trip since I bought it.

I cannot find the Conshelf 30 listed on the Aqua Lung site by the way.

Not familure directly with the 30 but around that time USD and Dacor (others?) experimented with using 1/2x20 ports (7/16 is for HP only) for LP connections. New hoses that are 3/8x24 can easily be used by adding an adapter, your dive shop should know this and have the adapter...if not a new shop might be in order. My USD SEA has the 1/2 ports and that is what I do. AA48 Scuba Hose Adapter discounts on sale Trident

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 AM ----------

By the way, this is a Trident part so any Trident dealer (which most shops are) can order it....really they should stock them, it's not that uncommon.

try amazon.

7/16 to 3/8 scuba adapter.

$4.00

The Pro/Royal/30 1st stage has all 1/2" LP ports.
You need a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter, very common and cheap.
As hermam posted 7/16" is for the HP port.

The 30 is pretty much like any other Conshelf but used a unique "space ship" shape and 1/2" LP ports to improve routing and flow.
The 2nd stages are exactly like any other first generation plastic USD except for the Royal which had an extra side exhaust and different internal mechanism (I think it was similar to the Arctic) but these were recalled very quickly and exchanged for the standard 2nd stage.

thanks everyone for the info. I thought the whole 7/18 thing sort of odd since i have only found references to it being HP port. Today I will be meeting a friend who can use his tap and die to verify the size and pitch, but i am sure all of you are correct. it just about has to be 1/2". BTW, I found one of these on ebay with a 2nd stage and am bidding on it. The 2nd on the ebay offering is different, a plastic one whereas my 2nd stage is metal. I have had such good service from it I figure if I can get it at a good price it will be worth having.

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:06 AM ----------

the whole 7/18 thing

Sorry, meant 7/16"

Back
Top Bottom