Info On Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grand Turk is really fun. Great wall diving a 7 minute boat ride from Oasis. Not much else to do but dive. Gibb’s Cay trip is fun but really a picnic experience. The Osprey hotel has been a great place to stay. Say hi to Jenny for me. “Water’s Edge” is a good place to eat and drink and it’s right on the water. “Turk’s Head Manor” has excellent food also and a great place to stay if you are with a large group. The whole place rents as one package. Rumor has it that the cruise ships are going to start coming here in large numbers and this little Island will change for ever. Go now before that happens.

Damselfish there is a production company that had been using Grand Turk for made for tv movies.. Check out Life time and Sci Fi network and you will start seeing films with places from Grand turk in them.... Now of course the shows do not take place in Grand turk but we make it work.

Scott

Damselfish:

Bob,

No longer rumor. They already started the dredging near the Arawake. The trerminal should be complete by feb-march of 2006.

bob1dp:
Grand Turk is really fun. Great wall diving a 7 minute boat ride from Oasis. Not much else to do but dive. Gibb’s Cay trip is fun but really a picnic experience. The Osprey hotel has been a great place to stay. Say hi to Jenny for me. “Water’s Edge” is a good place to eat and drink and it’s right on the water. “Turk’s Head Manor” has excellent food also and a great place to stay if you are with a large group. The whole place rents as one package. Rumor has it that the cruise ships are going to start coming here in large numbers and this little Island will change for ever. Go now before that happens.

Scottkl:
Bob,

No longer rumor. They already started the dredging near the Arawake. The trerminal should be complete by feb-march of 2006.

I'm glad that I went brfore the arrival of the cruiseros.

Tim Ingersoll:
I'm glad that I went brfore the arrival of the cruiseros.

Tim from what I have been hearing for the dive shop owners. The cruise passangers are only going to be diving some of the south side of the reef and that they have going to be setting up shops at the port to keep traffic down to that area.... So Hopefuly the Island and reef will not get changed to much. They are being very very careful about everything. I have been talking to a hisorian that is part of the project to protect the reef as much as possible. Some very interesting stuff.. Can not wait to get back in to the water tomorrow and Tuesday on my days off. Will hopefuly have some good pics to post weather has been getting hotter and muggier and the water has been like a lake again for the past few days.... Should be some great diving.

Scott

I was on Provo May 2003, and it was some of the best diving ever!
But even better was the snorkling right of the main Beach in Grace Bay just to the left (West) of the Beaches Resort. There is a small marine reserve (experiment?) which is roped off and therefore off-limits to divers and snorkelers. But just outside the perimiter there was every type of fish we had seen while diving, including turtles and rays, all within arm's reach just off the beach. This is a perfect spot for your son, and you as well. as it is right off the beach so you just kick out 5 - 10 metres and the show starts.

The whole "park" is about the size of a football field, so you can circle it in about 20 minutes at a good clip, but I am sure you will find lot's to distract you.
I found several turtles eating the grass well outside the park, down about 15 feet. It was fun to swin with them, they did not seem to concerned about my dropping in on their lunch.

I can't remember the name of the resorts which are right on the beach in front of this "marine Park" but the Beaches Resort is about a 10 minute walk to the East of this spot.
I highly recommend it.

Moe

Moester:
I was on Provo May 2003, and it was some of the best diving ever!
But even better was the snorkling right of the main Beach in Grace Bay just to the left (West) of the Beaches Resort. There is a small marine reserve (experiment?) which is roped off and therefore off-limits to divers and snorkelers. But just outside the perimiter there was every type of fish we had seen while diving, including turtles and rays, all within arm's reach just off the beach. This is a perfect spot for your son, and you as well. as it is right off the beach so you just kick out 5 - 10 metres and the show starts.

The whole "park" is about the size of a football field, so you can circle it in about 20 minutes at a good clip, but I am sure you will find lot's to distract you.
I found several turtles eating the grass well outside the park, down about 15 feet. It was fun to swin with them, they did not seem to concerned about my dropping in on their lunch.

I can't remember the name of the resorts which are right on the beach in front of this "marine Park" but the Beaches Resort is about a 10 minute walk to the East of this spot.
I highly recommend it.

Moe
I have read about this spot! sounds great. I think it's the Coral Sands. We are all ready to go. Just a few short weeks! Thanks for you help.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom