Info On Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggsharkbait

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking forward to a trip to Belize but with a handicap - a non-diving spouse. Anyone know the best place to base where my husband will be able to take some long distance hikes. I am a experienced diver (1966) and live in a fabulous diving place half the year - Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. We would like to stay in an a upscale hotel. If anyone has been to Palau and stayed at the PPR you will know what we need. Thanks for any help! Going out to see whales tomorrow (I hope) They are around!!! ggsharkbait

Welcome to the board!
Ambergis Cay is the only place I've been in Belize. It is just a short boat ride to the mainland, should be plenty to do and see there.

Joe

Hello Sharkbait,

welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Have a look at our General Central and South America forum.

Laurens

Never been to Belize, sorry. On the other hand, welcome to SB where I'm sure you'll find many ideas and hear many suggestions.

Sea ya!

In and On the Water
Manatee Safari: Sight the friendly, toothless creatures called West Indian Manatee. Although the population here is small and protected under the Wildlife Protection Act, Belize enjoys the largest population of this Manatee in the Caribbean. Snorkel and swim off a beautiful, isolated island and enjoy a relaxing picnic lunch. Two other exciting snorkel stops are included and time permitting, a stop at neighboring Caye Caulker. Lunch, beer and soft drinks included. Bring snorkel gear. Departs on demand. Time: 8:30am-5:30 pm.

Snorkel Caye Caulker: Snorkel the sites with the most prolific fish life on the reef: Hol Chan Reserve and Shark Ray Alley. Enjoy lunch and a stroll through the lobster fishing village of Caye Caulker. Rum punch, beer and soft drinks included. Bring snorkel gear, lunch money and Hol Chan Park entrance fee ($2.50 US) and a laid back attitude for a relaxing day. Departs daily on demand. Time: 8:30am-5:30 pm.
On the Mainland
Altun Ha: Travel south around Ambergris Caye, west to the mainland and cruise up a jungle river viewing orchids, birds and an occasional crocodile. Soft drinks and beer included. Take $5.00 entrance fee for ruins entrance, lunch money and a swimsuit for a dip at Maruba. Departs on demand. Time: 8:30am-5:30 pm.

Cave Tubing Float/Zoo: Fly into Belize City, take a quick tour of the zoo, then travel to Jaguar Paw for a spectacular 3- hour inner tube float through an underground river cave system. Bring extra clothes. Lunch, soft drinks and fees included. Departs on demand. Time: 6:30am-6:30pm.

Guided Lagoon Tour: Tour our amazing lagoon right behind Journey's End! Take a sea kayak and tour one of nature's most verdant and mysterious lagoons.

Tikal Trip: Fly from San Pedro to Belize City where you board a flight to Flores, Guatemala. From Flores you travel by road to visit the impressive Mayan site Tikal. It is surrounded by a lush rainforest filled with monkeys, toucans, parakeets and other exotic wildlife. Take your passport and cash for international departure taxes. Lunch is included. Some tour departures are dependent upon weather and road conditions. Some require a minimum of people and are subject to change without notice.

Paul in VT

ggsharkbait:
Hi All,

Looking forward to a trip to Belize but with a handicap - a non-diving spouse. Anyone know the best place to base where my husband will be able to take some long distance hikes. I am a experienced diver (1966) and live in a fabulous diving place half the year - Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. We would like to stay in an a upscale hotel. If anyone has been to Palau and stayed at the PPR you will know what we need. Thanks for any help! Going out to see whales tomorrow (I hope) They are around!!! ggsharkbait
Went to Hamanasi near the town of Hopkins. Guided tours into the jungle.
Mian ruins, You dony have to be a diver to enjoy.

Have you tried our Cent America forum...?

:cowboy: don

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom