Info + Friends on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be on Oahu for just about a month on vacation from 18 April through 15 May. I'm interested in information as well as to find out if any scubaboard'rs want to go diving. I've read quite a bit about the shore diving (all of them seem to say 'take someone who has dove there before') but will accept any tips anyone has to offer. Also, the specific question--where could I rent larger size tanks (100s or greater) for diving (if that's possible)? Thanks.

Austin

Island Divers Hawaii has 100cf tanks (both air and nitrox)

(888) 844-3483
buckyblue.gif

and for site reviews/walk-thrus:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=148221

1) I have a 16ft zodiac I take out just about every weekend, you are more than welcome to join the usual crowd.

2) What JJ said.

Perhaps you can fill out your profile with your diving history? That makes it easier to recommend sites that are appropriate.

I've filled out part of my profile. I don't think it would properly represent my relative skill level anyway with regards to shore diving--I would consider myself a complete neophyte at least in relation to what I've read (and seen) in Hawaii. At no point in my life have I ever had to get through any type of heavy surf, as I primarily dive off boats (large or small.)

Thanks for the info so far, and I will probably try to take you up on that offer of the boat, sir!

Austin

If I am on the island I am almost always out in the water somewhere usually shore diving, not much of a boat diver. Shore diving here is where the surf is not and usually there is someplace to get wet with out going through too much surf, sometimes none at all. Watch the surf from the shore to get the pattern down, there is usually a clean way in and out. Drop me a line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom