Info about Natural Springs in Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived Natural Springs three times in August. The water is a warm 82 degrees plus. The deeper trench around the area is 55 degrees. It is a great place to practice. Most of the area is less than 15 feet deep. The thermocline starts at around 18 feet. The visability was around 5 to 10 feet. It should get better once Fall approaches. It is an easy drive for me from Columbus. About 3 miles off of I-70. The entry is very easy into the water as previously stated. I like the place.

My husband and I made it to Natural Springs this past Sunday afternoon and Monday. Visibility seemed to be not much over 5 feet. It was really disconcerting for brand new divers like us to not be able to see anything. Also most of it was so shallow we found ourselves fighting the muck on the bottom way too often. Worked a bit on buoyancy skills and improved some, but just not comfortable with the low visibility. We have a trip to Cozumel scheduled in less than a month -- I think we will opt for pool practice work between now and then, rather than another murky quarry. In the future, if we do local diving, I think we will opt for the longer drive to Gilboa. It's the only other local dive site we've been to (we did our certification dives there), but visibility was MUCH better. My biggest disappointment so far is I haven't yet been deeper than 26', on our certification dives -- I hope I'm not overwhelmed at Cozumel :-(

Last edited:
Once you dive in Cozumel you will be hooked. I would love to go back sometime again. Cozumel is very clear and easy diving that you won't even realize how deep you are. It will feel like your just below the surface. I hope you two have great weather.

Back
Top Bottom