Inflator hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use a Zeagle Zena BCD with an OctoZ (Air2). I have recently added a diver alert horn to my set up for an upcoming Galapagos trip (it is required). On a recent dive to check out my equipment, I found that by adding the 3-inch horn it makes my low-pressure inflator hose way too long! Now everything floats up and gets in the way! I currently have a 27" inflator hose. Does anyone know where I can get a shorter inflator hose?

I use a Zeagle Zena BCD with an OctoZ (Air2). I have recently added a diver alert horn to my set up for an upcoming Galapagos trip (it is required). On a recent dive to check out my equipment, I found that by adding the 3-inch horn it makes my low-pressure inflator hose way too long! Now everything floats up and gets in the way! I currently have a 27" inflator hose. Does anyone know where I can get a shorter inflator hose?
BC 24
BC Inflator Rubber Hose
24" BC Inflator Hose
Or, visit your nearest dive shop.

Dive gear express (DGX). With the Air 2 its not a standard inflator QD. With an Octo inflator it would not uses a basic inflator quick disconnect as it will, theoretically, not provide the flow volume required for the regulator. There are three different QD adaptors for the various octo inflators and the one that fits the scuba pro Air 2 is the most common and a Zeagle octoZ is the same as the SP Air2 but the earlier Zeagle Octo plus was different. Since your dive alert mates already to the Octo Z (I assume its a Dive Alert model DV3) you can get a standard LP regulator hose to whatever length you need and add the proper QD adaptor to mate to the dive alert (subtract adaptor length from your desired hose length). If you call DGX they will set you up.
Hoses for SCUBA
DGX Adapter: LP Reg Hose = BC Integrated 2nd Stage

Dive gear express (DGX). With the Air 2 its not a standard inflator QD. With an Octo inflator it would not uses a basic inflator quick disconnect as it will, theoretically, not provide the flow volume required for the regulator. There are three different QD adaptors for the various octo inflators and the one that fits the scuba pro Air 2 is the most common and a Zeagle octoZ is the same as the SP Air2 but the earlier Zeagle Octo plus was different. Since your dive alert mates already to the Octo Z (I assume its a Dive Alert model DV3) you can get a standard LP regulator hose to whatever length you need and add the proper QD adaptor to mate to the dive alert (subtract adaptor length from your desired hose length). If you call DGX they will set you up.
Hoses for SCUBA
DGX Adapter: LP Reg Hose = BC Integrated 2nd Stage
Excellent point. I forgot about the special QD fitting needed. Agreed, the right answer is a LP regulator hose plus a QD adaptor of the right size.
See Scubapro Air 2 / Zeagle Adapter , Piranha Dive Shop | for the adapter, much cheaper than buying the same thing from Zeagle.
On the other hand, It is likely that the Zeagle hose the OP already has is just a regulator hose with such an adapter, in which case all she needs to buy is a shorter regulator hose....available anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom