Inflator hose o-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The quick disconnect on my inflator hose needs a new oring. Which size is it?

I have some 011 that seems like they are the same size but i heard it is supposed to be 010?

Thanks!

The 2-011 is it. But it is one of the more challenging o-rings to change. Take your time.

The 2-011 is it. But it is one of the more challenging o-rings to change. Take your time.

It's not challenging. It's impossible.

Are there tricks that I never learned for getting that one in there?

I did one (my first) month or so ago. For me getting it near silicone grease did the trick. With it dry it just fought popping into the internal groove. With just enough grease to make it look shiny it wormed it's way right into the saddle.

Pete

It's not challenging. It's impossible.

Are there tricks that I never learned for getting that one in there?

I've only had to do a couple. I used the straight pointed pick to stab the old one to remove it. It will be easier if you also remove the schrader valve. If the o-ring is bad, the schrader valve probably needs to be replaced also. Then stick a new o-ring into the area of the gland. I use the straight blunt point and the double hook with a lot of patience to work it into place. I start by pushing any part of the o-ring into the gland. I then use the double hook to move the rest of the o-ring up or down so it can slip into the gland. Work around it like a tire. If you have trouble keeping a captured section of the O-ring in the gland, use the blunt pointed pick to hold it in place while you work more sections into the gland with the double hook pick. You may have to bend the blunt pointed pick a bit to do that. Avoid damaging the downstream edge of the gland as that is the seating surface.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom