inflator corrugated hose problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sndive

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
last week I received my dads old bcd (technisub parka qd 840) and I noticed that the corrugated hose and the plastic part I think the inner seal that it screws onto ( supposed to be glued in the bc )that holds the hose in place on the bcd are detached at the shoulder can it be fixed? at the local dive center they said it can be fixed but its only temporary and wont have warranty so can it be fixed in a permanent and safe way? if it can how?

Not familiar with that brand. Typically with BCs, as long as the bladder is undamaged, the BC can be "permanently" repaired by replacing any damaged, removable parts. But getting parts can be difficult - depending on how old or unusual the BC is.
However the worst news, if I understand your description correctly, would be that the damaged connection to the corrugated hose is part of the bladder itself. Often this a hard plastic piece vulcanized or otherwise permanently joined to the flexible bladder.

the piece was connected tp the blader and glued to it like you said but cant i buy a new part and use aquaseal?

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2013 at 08:06 PM ----------

to the bladder*

Depending on the make/model, the part might or might not be considered a separate part and might or might not be available. And Aquaseal might or might not make a sturdy enough seal.

There is no way I would depend on Aqualseal to seal a part that constantly changes position under pressure. True they would be minute changes but all it would take would be a pinhole to blow the seal out and it is all she wrote at 100 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom