Inexpensive Digital Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't get used as much. It reads differently than the blue one, but accuracy is mostly pointless in blending. I haven't had any issues with it. It seems to be precise enough for it's purpose.

As long as it works for blending and filling. I see the yellow ones posted all over the place now. Seems like everyone is using them.

As long as it works for blending and filling. I see the yellow ones posted all over the place now. Seems like everyone is using them.
It should be perfect for it. Repeatability seems pretty good.

Just wanted to comment about the digital gauge I bought. It works well, it's not quite as precise as the other more expensive model I got, but I'm really splitting hairs.

The only "issue" that I've found is it will "search" for a psi... so with everything even the tanks will be reading 1117-1120psi. I let it sit for almost a full minute and it never really stopped searching. In the grand scheme of things 3-4psi isn't a big deal, just an observation.

All in all I like it. It was really nice to not have to keep turning it on over and over like I do my other digital gauge. It's bigger, I had it on my whip to PP blend but I think I'll move it to the compressor output and move the smaller more precise one to the whip.

Cheers

Have you tried adjusting #5 in the picture? Should take away the bounce....
Just a thought....
Funny how the more accurate we get the more we worry or want to be precise.... there is something to be said of analog gauges....

Attachments

• 20220528_112848.jpg
    20220528_112848.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 48
Have you tried adjusting #5 in the picture? Should take away the bounce....
Just a thought....
Funny how the more accurate we get the more we worry or want to be precise.... there is something to be said of analog gauges....

No, absolutely not.. I don't even think I opened the directions... just threw it on there and hoped for the best.

I can see that would make sense though... any recommendations?

I have never PP blended without a digital gauge, but I'm sure people have and do.. I don't trust myself enough yet. Too many variables and I'm new. I'm happy to get within 1 %.

No, absolutely not.. I don't even think I opened the directions... just threw it on there and hoped for the best.

I have never PP blended without a digital gauge, but I'm sure people have and do.. I don't trust myself enough yet. Too many variables and I'm new. I'm happy to get within 1 %.
They key is to have a large enough analog gauge to actually see something. I have a 12" 5000 psi gauge on the wall and it is awesome for blending. Trying to do it with a 3" gauge would be a waste of time.

They key is to have a large enough analog gauge to actually see something. I have a 12" 5000 psi gauge on the wall and it is awesome for blending. Trying to do it with a 3" gauge would be a waste of time.

I really don't have the room for a 12" analog gauge.. can't imagine what that would cost!

Actually @Tracy I had a ? So i was mixing for 38% for an upcoming dive. I filled all tanks to the required psi of O2. Plenty of time for them to cool.. actually double checked all tanks to make sure. Then I went to fill. I know that when I run my compressor I need to overshoot by some so they cool down to what I want. About 3-400psi. So 3500 get 3900, etc.

Now I went to test the next day and I've got 36% across the board.. the only thing I can figure is I should PP blend for 3900.. even though I know it will cool to 3500?

I'm a little stumped.. I know all systems are different, but there has to be a mathematical answer...yeah? Thoughts?

My other hydraulic test gauge that is not that brand, Has like 4 buffering levels, makes it way less bouncy... tends to read abit more like an analog gauge... takes less brain power to look at...
I am sure 4 psi will not matter a whole lot.

My 4inch cheapo gauge for my compressor. Tends to be quite accurate.
But probably take some practice to blend on it...
But a 12"gauge.... nice!!!! Any pictures so I can drool.

Attachments

• 16537651525295249462566546734402.jpg
    16537651525295249462566546734402.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 39
My other hydraulic test gauge that is not that brand, Has like 4 buffering levels, makes it way less bouncy... tends to read abit more like an analog gauge... takes less brain power to look at...
I am sure 4 psi will not matter a whole lot.

My 4inch cheapo gauge for my compressor. Tends to be quite accurate.
But probably take some practice to blend on it...
But a 12"gauge.... nice!!!! Any pictures so I can drool.
I'll have to look it up.. it is touchy.. I hope there something I can do. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't make that much of a difference.. just annoying.

Back
Top Bottom