Inexpensive but decent BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattboy:
But I'm pretty sure SP does not allow mail order or internet sales. Plus, there's limit of 10% discount off retail by SP dealers. Leisurepro sells SP stuff cheaper because they are not an authorized dealer, etc....
I'd tend to side with the "rent and wait" crowd. I really don't think the $150 discount on the course is going to pay off if you end up buying stuff you're not sure you want. ... But BCs are different, and you'd probably be best served by getting in some dives with rental gear, and start to get more experience with bouyancy issues before choosing a BC style.
QUOTE]

I agree with the rent for awhile vote as well. Deals are always out there... $150 is not much of a discount off full list prices if you are buying a bunch of gear.

On Scubapro from Scubatoys... just call Larry. Bought a SP reg set from him last month, and at LP price. Price, customer service, and full warranty. Tought to beat. They also now carry Oceanic I believe (not on the web site).

Jeff

farfromwater:
Scubatoys... They also now carry Oceanic I believe (not on the web site).Jeff
Yes, looks like ScubaToys' Oceanic stuff is on line now.

But I'm wondering what's happening with the prices... Day before yesterday, the Oceanic Veo 180 computer was listed by ScubaToys at $263.20... now all of a sudden it's showing $295.99. Yipe!!

I know that's only Larry's "list price"... Fortunately, that computer is finally showing up at enough vendors for the market to kick in... :D

Sorry for the hijack. Again.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom