INDONESIA - 2021 Cancellations Ahead, is your booking at risk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Coronavirus Is Here Forever. This Is How We Live With It.

It’ll be rough for a couple of years to get different areas of the world back in sync for frictionless travel. Heck, even travel between socially distinct areas within a country or state or local region gets a bit more complicated if one has to take into account other people at greater risk of severe illness other than oneself.

Delta Has Changed the Pandemic Risk Calculus

Thank you. This was particularly timely because of a very confusing conversation that I had last evening with someone who claimed to know something more than the rest of us. :)

With less than 120.000 (hundred twenty thousand) people out of 277 million being tested daily the last week. Before it was not much as well, but at least 240.000 people daily. 10% of the population fully vaccinated now. Only positive number is that less hospital beds are occupied.
I’m looking at trend and it shows the cases are going down. Are more hospital beds unoccupied since then?

C2F5BAE1-C4E6-4787-98CE-39BABAF99E17.jpeg

Numbers at Java and Bali look much better indeed. But in other parts of Indonesia we hear too many stories of people being too afraid to get tested, think they will die if they go to the hospital and as a result die at home. Vaccinations are going up, but testing still hardly happens. Here up to date data for vaccinations and testing: Vaksin Dashboard

Sasaran Vaksinasi 208 millions sounds pretty good to me.
Out of 277 million people. About everybody excluding kids below 12. But it is a target. Never to be achieved.

Out of 277 million people. About everybody excluding kids below 12. But it is a target. Never to be achieved.
Oops. That’s just the target. LOL.

I found this thread yesterday. I’m starting to wonder if the title needs to be changed to 2022. I have a trip in 2022 and I’m being told that trip is 50-50.

Even if Bali did open up I wouldn't be rushing there on the next available flight, there will be a immediate increase in cases within a couple of weeks despite all the testing and double vaccination required pre-flight.

I found this thread yesterday. I’m starting to wonder if the title needs to be changed to 2022. I have a trip in 2022 and I’m being told that trip is 50-50.
I have Raja Ampat scheduled for the first 10 days of January 2020 with Mermaid -- I don't see how that trip goes, but I've not cancelled anything yet. I think I have roughly 60 more days until final payment and before then I'll need to figure it out. Even if the trip goes, not sure I can get there without massive challenges in my current routing which is through Taiwan. Last I checked Taiwan was not allowing transit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom