Indictment in Lionfish Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonnyola87

Super Intelligent Shade of the Color Blue
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just finished a week diving with Conch Republic in the Keys and one of the captains mentioned there had been an indictment in the case of the lionfish invasion. Seems it was actually someone heavily involved in the industry. Allegedly the study can trace the DNA back to the earliest specimens seen in the Keys/Caribbean. Interesting early article anyway. Will be curious to see if anything comes of this.

Lets see the evidence first.

Im the first guy to assume that all fish shops are corrupt in some way, but this is a stretch, even for me.

Our justice system lacks the ability to come to conclusions like this. It reads like an episode of "Bone's".

I’m seeing the no sense now. Surprising, a bunch of people in the area were quite convinced and excited. Guess we’ll keep spearing and cooking.

Surprising, a bunch of people in the area were quite convinced and excited
I don’t find it surprising, but I lived there for a few years…folks down there are a bit out of touch with reality quite often.

They crossed the amazon sediment basin, recently i've saw one on Natal (Brazil) and they are often apearing on the Ceará state coast

Ummm, it’s an April fools article. It’s outlandishly false by design.
Hilarious final touch that they put contact information for reservations at that same restaurant.

But given that it is Florida, where it's hard to tell real life from a Carl Hiaasen novel, the April Fool aspect was not immediately obvious.

Back
Top Bottom