Liveaboard Review: Juliet Sailing and Diving(Lionfish Derby 10/22-10/28/2016)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report. I have not done a liveaboard yet but maybe someday. This sounds like a boat/crew that I would enjoy.
I've done a handful of LA's on the Aquacat, Blackbeards, Turks and Caicos Explorer II, and the Juliet definitely has definitely made me a repeat customer. Also, the Juliet is one of the ONLY vessels that allows divers to hunt lionfish while on scuba.

Juliet here :)

Yes a hairdryer is just fine on board, our outlets and voltage are US 110V just like your normal electrical at home, all charging units and normal things you would use at home will work just fine. See you soon!

Juliet here :)

Yes a hairdryer is just fine on board, our outlets and voltage are US 110V just like your normal electrical at home, all charging units and normal things you would use at home will work just fine. See you soon!

Ok I'll be sure to bring my Vacuum, George Foreman Grill, and Easy Bake Oven on my next venture

We've got a vacuum, a grill and griddle, and 2 convection ovens on board, no need! And it would take a lot more than that to overload our electrical system (that is not a challenge though!)

Apologize if I missed it but how many Lionfish did the boat get? How many per dive on average did you personally get?

A dedicated lionfish hunting trip sounds like a lot of fun.

Apologize if I missed it but how many Lionfish did the boat get? How many per dive on average did you personally get?

A dedicated lionfish hunting trip sounds like a lot of fun.
In total I think the boat got about 123 Lionfish for the week. I'm not sure if this is a high or low amount but I do know that due to conditions that week, we were limited to specific sites that have been controlled in recent years. The original plan was to travel further south but those plans got derailed so we had to stay sheltered up north. A good thing for the reef system but less than ideal for the hunters expecting a massive bin full of lionfish. I'm definitely in for a do-over next year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom