Question Independent diving in Busselton WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first time you see a large shark solo diving is "interesting", it was only on exit that I felt a little spooked, on the surface about to climb the boat ladder.
This is a site that is dived week in week out by dive boats, not deep only 13m on the West Side, going down to 17M on the East [too rough on that side some days] and nobody has seen a large shark there in 20 years.
Tiger shark here: Mudjimba Island Surfing & Swimming - Mooloolaba, Qld
Always see turtles there, could be why.

Edit: Told a local dive shop and they were excited, it has not been sited since.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but the Busselton Jetty is an awesome dive, and if you enter at the shore, it's free (tank hire excluded). There is also diving from the dive platform at the other end, but I'm not sure if that's open at the moment. They were doing maintenance on the jetty this year.

Bunbury is also close, and the wreck there is pretty good.

If you make it up to Perth, Perth Scuba, Dive Locker and Dolphin Scuba all have weekly shore dives.

Perth Scuba Diving Facebook Group is where most stuff is announced, and there is a massive Perth Snorkeling FB group as well.
Enjoy the sharks. I've been diving since I was a youngster and have only ever been lucky enough to see 2 sharks while diving. There is a new spot out at Rottnest to swim with Grey Nurses.

Rotto is a great place to dive near Perth.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but the Busselton Jetty is an awesome dive, and if you enter at the shore, it's free (tank hire excluded). There is also diving from the dive platform at the other end, but I'm not sure if that's open at the moment. They were doing maintenance on the jetty this year.

Bunbury is also close, and the wreck there is pretty good.

If you make it up to Perth, Perth Scuba, Dive Locker and Dolphin Scuba all have weekly shore dives.

Perth Scuba Diving Facebook Group is where most stuff is announced, and there is a massive Perth Snorkeling FB group as well.
Enjoy the sharks. I've been diving since I was a youngster and have only ever been lucky enough to see 2 sharks while diving. There is a new spot out at Rottnest to swim with Grey Nurses.

Rotto is a great place to dive near Perth.
Thank you for the Info.

Yes, I dove end of jetty yesterday, was really nice. So are you saying you can dive under the jetty beach end too? That will be good as it'll save me the $20 fee to hire the cart to take my stuff to the end of the jetty and the $4 jetty fee.

I know guys at Dolphin scuba in Welshpool as I used to pop in to see them anytime I was visiting family years ago, good people.

I did the Swan wreck last week, was ok, viz not flash and I was cold.

I'm a bit crazy and won't lie the whole shark thing has me a bit worried. Now an expert on shark attacks in WA🤦‍♂️

Over the next 2 months I'll just dive as much as I can and try to put it out of my mind.

The past 12 years or so at my local in Japan my only worry was discarded nets and fishing line.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

Simon

It's a 2.5 hour drive to Perth from here but I'll make the trip in a semi regular basis once I start work and get a car as trips out to Rottnest are reasonable and although I'm not good with people it would be nice to make a friend or two.

"Enjoy the sharks. I've been diving since I was a youngster and have only ever been lucky enough to see 2 sharks while diving."

Thank you, made me feel a bit better, perspective.

As you can see I've been a little obsessed the past few days. It hasn't been an unwelcome distraction from the rest of current reality.

1DAF5AF8-D681-4160-B374-13526EE59E80.png

There's pages and pages of it. Madness I tell you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom