Incident—all well

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steel tank on my back, no air in my BCD. Felt heavy. Even on the surface, fully inflated, the back-inflate BCD requires a little bit of finning to stay up. In a 1.5 mm wetsuit I have a total of 2lbs (or no weight)…and my tank.
If you were neutral while swimming around at the beginning of the dive with no air in your BC, you would have been 5-6 pounds light at the end due to the weight of the gas used during the dive. If the tank "felt heavy", why didn't you have some air in the BC to compensate? None of this makes any sense, as many times as I've read it.

Did you have taco bell for lunch ,or is that a first stage leak I'm seeing?
Are we talking about uncontrolled ascent like an ICBM launched from a submarine?

Are we talking about uncontrolled ascent like an ICBM launched from a submarine?
Today in dive-science, we're going to examine the buoyancy characteristics of a taco-bell fueled human-launched torpedo, fired from 120ft deep. Our viewers wanted to know "when it reaches the surface, will it propel itself into the air like an ICBM or simply become a hazard for swimmers nearby?"

Today in dive-science, we're going to examine the buoyancy characteristics of a taco-bell fueled human-launched torpedo, fired from 120ft deep. Our viewers wanted to know "when it reaches the surface, will it propel itself into the air like an ICBM or simply become a hazard for swimmers nearby?"
Or will such divers escape the Earth's gravity and never be seen again?

Let's stay on topic please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom