In your face......or mine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The fish were a little strange today. Before the dive there were tons of pinfish leaping out of the water. On my second dive I encountered a filefish that swam right up in my face then swam a little way off to check me out. A little while later I came upon a spadefish that did the same thing. I was able to get a shot of the spadefish getting in my face:

819spadeclose.jpg

I got in the face of two crabs later in the dive so I guess all is in balance again:

819stone.jpg

819blue.jpg

Great job, Seayoda. The spadefish seems to be saying, in his best Robert DeNiro voice, "Are you looking at me?"

looks like a Pirahana to me!

Diver Dennis:
Love the crab in the sand Yoda. He looks like he is buried in snow!

No, no, no, Dennis. He is in quick sand. He is sinking and shouting please help. Can't you see his little claw open waiting for someone to hand him something to latch onto, pull him out, and save his life? :shakehead Grief it is soooooooooo obvious. :D

I like that pic as well Yoda.

Nice photos - is a spadefish the same as a batfish?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Nice photos - is a spadefish the same as a batfish?

Cheers,
Rohan.
I think they might be related but look a little different - who's a fish person here?

This is a side view:

819spade.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom