In Roatan now (9/7 - 9/18), anyone want to grab food/drinks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

  • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Messages
74
Reaction score
13
Location
Arlington, VA
# of dives
25 - 49
Traveling through Roatan and it would be cool to meet some locals or other scubaboard members.

I'm in west end right now, but possibly headed to west bay in a couple of days as well.

Open to food or light drinks (don't drink too much on diving trips)
 

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Scuba Instructor
Messages
10,330
Reaction score
3,270
Location
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
slightly off topic, but… What did you decide to do about your quest (prior thread) for further instruction of an advanced nature?
 
OP
N

nquinn

Contributor
Messages
74
Reaction score
13
Location
Arlington, VA
# of dives
25 - 49
slightly off topic, but… What did you decide to do about your quest (prior thread) for further instruction of an advanced nature?

Good question! I decided to take your advice and do some more fun dives. I talked to a few shops around here with playing around with weighting and just getting more comfortable.

A GUE instructor here did offer to do a tech basics course for $300, but it just felt like a bit much and too stressful at the moment. I'm still struggling a bit to remain completely horizontal due to some factors I think because when I kick/fin a lot I tend to rise.

I just ran into some ear issues though and likely am ending this trip early =/ Posting a question thread on it soon. Doc gave me some meds and suggested 7 days (could be faster) no diving so deciding if I want to try to see if it clears up a bit sooner, or just rebook my flight home on Sunday. Feel free to comment there! Decision on ending trip early - ear inflammation - thoughts?
 
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Top Bottom