In remembrance of the Fallen...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarhead

Contributor
Reaction score
Today marks the 19th Anniversary of the terrorist bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beirut, Lebanon.

From me, a candle burns for lost friends.

Philip W. Alexander
formerly Cpl. USMC 1981-1985

May they never be forgotten.

Hey, Jarhead --

Sempre Fi. My dad and brother were both Marines (WWII & Viet Nam). Thanks for your sacrafice. I'll join you in remembering those who never made it back.

May they all rest in peace, and with our gratitude.

Jarhead once bubbled...
From me, a candle burns for lost friends.
Indeed...
Love,
Rick (CDR USN(Ret))

To all friends and family lost in service to their country, may they all rest in peace.

Semper Fi

to pray for those who are most at risk right now, the servicemen and women in harm's way overseas.

Tom

in rememberance......

on a slightly differnet note.........not wishing to offend, and don't know how it ask so here goes:

they have been running the chuck norris films again for the 100th time on cable in the UK, is there any truth in the soldiers still being held in Nam or is this just to sell the films?

clive francis once bubbled...
in rememberance......

on a slightly differnet note.........not wishing to offend, and don't know how it ask so here goes:

they have been running the chuck norris films again for the 100th time on cable in the UK, is there any truth in the soldiers still being held in Nam or is this just to sell the films?
This is a very touchy subject. The official government position is that there are no more POW's left alive; there are those of us who believe, and can make a convincing case, that there remain many still alive. If anyone is really interested in this I will be happy to provide information back-channel (PM me). I won't discuss it further on this board.
Rick

My best friend (a captain in the USMC) narrowly missed being in Beirut when that attack occured. Sadly, he is no longer with us, but I shall never forget his friendship, nor the sacrifice that our men in service have made throughout the years on every continent on Earth. Semper Fi...

“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight; I have finished my course; I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them that also love his appearing.” -- II Timothy, 4:6-8

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom