In need of computer. First time posting... :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey everyone, this is my first post on here and i just got my open water certification recently. i have all my gear except one thing... you guessed it, a computer lol. i bought a beuchat bottom timer that came with compass, reg, and console but the timer does not work. My question is, is anybody selling a computer that they are no longer in need of or want to sell? i looked on a whole bunch of sites (leisurepro, etc..) but even the cheapest ones are expensive. any help would be greatly appreciated, oh... and it needs to go into a console if possible, if not its okay, thanks in advance, Matthew

p.s. I also have paypal for a secure transaction if needed

Last edited:
I am not trying to be condescending at all when I say this & I understand the need to stay within a budget, but for all that a dive computer can do,... the lower end computers are not that terribly expensive. How much have you paid for your PC/ lap top? Tablet? Smart phone?... you get the idea. My instructor showed me his first dive computer he bought when he first started diving in the late 1980's. It was an Orca computer. Cost $ 1300 & only logged 3 dives. The algorithms on it would be considered dangerous by today's standards. You can get into a basic computer for less than $200. Of course the more bells & whistles you have on it,... the more $. There is a classified section for computers here: Classifieds: Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers . Here's to safe & fun diving!

What's your budget? The Puck runs for around $180 these days, not what I'd call expensive...

Scuba.com has used last year's model Galileo Luna with Tx for $500.

There are lots of good computers for under $300 new, and I'll bet under $200 used. Suunto Zoop, Aeris A100, Oceanic Veo 1.0 are three examples. Wrist mount is nice because you can glance at it easily during the dive.

:) Just hang in there and keep looking... In the last 3 years I have bought a Suunto Mosquito for $.50, an older Oceanic (still nitrox capable) for $5, a Cochran Commander Nitrox for $85, a Oceanic Veo watch/dive computer for $70 and I found an older air only computer that a friend actually got for free when he bought a bottom timer for $10. All older computers, most of them nitrox (I generally dive nitrox on air tables anyway, just watch that MOD) for all less than $100. They are not the newest, don't have the cool features or latest algorithms but pretty sure none of those things killed anybody in the past so don't push your computer to its limits and you should be fine with old tech.... Just test it against a friends computer to make sure depth and water temp are close to the same (within a foot or degree).... and always dive the more conservative computer... if your friends says 3 minute safety stop... do a 3 minute safety stop...

You will probably find a better deal but I have a few Oceanic Glo Data Plus Nitrox computers, and I'd deliver one to you for $80.

Brian

and always dive the more conservative computer... if your friends says 3 minute safety stop... do a 3 minute safety stop...

Or just always do a safety stop!

:) kinda hard to do a 3 minute safety stop if your ENTIRE dive was at 15-20 feet...

---------- Post added August 3rd, 2013 at 12:44 AM ----------

You will probably find a better deal but I have a few Oceanic Glo Data Plus Nitrox computers, and I'd deliver one to you for $80.

Brian

This is the one I bought for $5... no transmitter though :(
Surely you can make him a better deal than $80

Hey... I have to TRY and help a guy out....

Of course the rest of the story is I bought mine in unknown working condition... $80 would be a GREAT deal for this computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom