in-line shut off valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall
what is involved to upgrade the s555 to an s600?

replace the air barrel, end plug (to an adj. knob), o-rings, and normal service items (IIRC)..I have a baggy around here with the guts they swapped out..... Check with your shop or Casey....

my reg isn't due for servive until the fall

due or needs?????

update:

Found the package - yes, air barrel, retaining plug & clip, and end cap, assembly o-rings, and I also got a S600 face plate (pure vanity there). Moved over the orifice, poppet, balance chamber & lever. New seat & o-rings like would happen in an annual service.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons I moved to sidemount. If I have an issue that involves air flow e.g. stuck inflator, free flowing regulator I can easily shut off the gas at the tank valve and then evaluate my options (depending on the situation I can resolve the issue, thumb the dive or feather the valve). I know lot's of people who can do that in backmount but I am not one of them :)

I dive cold a lot and see no need for one I have dove in as low as 34f degree water and with a good cold reg set and proper technique never had any need to shut down for a free flow if I did id just switch to my backup and deal with it. if it could not be dealt with at depth in a reasonable amount of time id thumb the dive and make my way back up to the never ending supply of air at the surface. but no never would I add another failure point to my rig for the purpose of shutting down my air supply. my tank has a valve for that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom