In Bonaire now - earliest airport check-in for AA flight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are almost done with two weeks of good diving in Bonaire and are leaving Saturday, December 11 on the 4:20 AA flight. This time (our 8th Bonaire trip) we are thinking of trying to check our luggage at the airport as early as possible then take off in our rental car for lunch somewhere before coming back to the airport for immigration control. Does anyone know how early the AA counter opens prior to the flight?

That small Bonaire departure gate with limited food and shopping options gets boring real fast.

3 hours international flights

We left there on November 6th AA flight (sat 420pm) and got to airport 3h15m early to drop off rental and must have been in line for check in 3hrs early and the line was absolutely huge already and it went slooooow. I would not suggest getting there any later than 3hrs early, or maybe it was just a fluke occurrence I dealt with? Wind is blocked by the building while you wait in line so it can get a little hot. I have flown 3 times with AA, 3 southwest, 2 frontier and 1 spirit since covid… have to say the recent AA flights have been the biggest pain. I hate travel days… hope it’s smooth as possible for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom