Impulse buying and Ebay on a slow day are a bad combo. (Royal AM project)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the Banjo ordered, the note on VDH said get it from scuba museum so that's what I did. It is not cheap.
I still have a crap ton of stuff to get from VDH. Considering I have a whole pile of other aqualung single hose stuff to rebuild the bill is going to be scary.
Never would have thought of hose weights, thanks.
And I need at least the ring wrench thingy and the holder deal from Herman, I already have the assembly tool for stuffing everything into a first stage from him I think.

Congratulations on joining the vintage DH club... careful, its very addictive :D
I have a mid-series La Spirotechnique Royal Mistral (that I bought off the original owner... a professional UW photographer who bought it new in Paris in the 70's) a late model round label USD RAM... and a 2016 Kraken.

You may like to consider replacing the original hoses with those from the Argonaut Kraken, but use an OEM pattern curved USD mouthpiece... depends how retro-correct you want it to look!

They are similar to the Spiro in that they are of larger diameter, heavier with finer corrugations and so have much more stretch than the original USD pattern ones (even when comparing new-to-new EPDM). I find them more comfortable to use UW.
Store | Vintage Double Hose

Last edited:
While we are helping you spend your money, if you want to get the best possible performance out of it, consider Bryan's vintage back plate. It, by design, allows the can to be closer to you than any conventional plate and any BC, and also lets you implement a wing if you aren't diving it "old school" without.

A word of caution, they are highly addictive. started with a Kraken, and in short order, now have 5 more vintage ones with various upgrades, the last one is because after trying it in the pool, my daughter insisted on one (how could I refuse?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom